dismail.de is a platform providing free online services based on principles of privacy, security, decentralization and freedom. All services are hosted in Germany.
- XMPP - Decentralized instant messaging
- Email - Free email accounts for your IMAP/SMTP clients or via Webinterface.
Ready to use with DeltaChat
- PrivateBin - Minimalist, open source, encrypted online pastebin/discussion board
- NTP - dismail.de servers are part of the NTP Pool project
- DNS - Free DNS resolver (with ad, malware and tracking filter)
- Tor - Some of our servers are part of the Tor privacy network
- yadim - Yet another temporary email service (beta)
- ESEL - Email server security list
No advertising, no tracking, no profiling, no data mining, no fancy website.
2018-10-10: Scheduled maintenance on Friday, Oct 12th 6:30-8:00 UTC.Webmail will not be reachable during the maintenance.
2018-10-02: Scheduled maintenance on Thursday, Oct 4th 7:00-8:00 UTC.fdns1, privatebin and yadim will not be reachable during the maintenance.
2018-09-11: dismail.de has been added to the STARTTLS Everywhere Policy List"STARTTLS Everywhere is a project by EFF to improve the security of the email ecosystem. We want to increase and improve STARTTLS adoption and improve solutions for downgrade attacks on secure email communications."
Please report any issues.
2018-07-24: STARTTLS Everywhere Policy List enforcementOn Saturday, 28th dismail.de will start using the STARTTLS Everywhere Policy List to enforce TLS connections to all listed domains. Please report any issues.
2018-06-09: Scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, 13th 07:00 - 07:30 UTC.The XMPP service will not be available on Wednesday, 13th between 07:00 and 07:30 UTC.
2018-05-22: Die Datenschutzrichtlinie wurde aktualisiertDie Datenschutzrichtline wurde nach Vorgaben durch die EU-Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) aktualisiert.
2018-05-03: Webmail - Scheduled maintenance on Sunday 6th 8:00-9:00 UTCThe webmailer will be updated and will not be available on Sunday 6th 8:00-9:00 UTC.
2018-05-01: XMPP Certificate will be updated on Friday, May 4thSHA1 Fingerprint:
2018-03-19: The webmailer has been moved to a new serverThe webmailer has been moved to a new host. Please report any issues you might experience.
2018-02-15: Webchat updatedThe webchat has been updated. In addition, there is now a full screen version.
2018-02-12: Third-party request on the registration pageThere was an unnecessary third-party request for bootstrap on the registration page.
Many thanks to Mike from Kuketz IT-Security for reporting it.
2018-02-04: XMPP Certificate will be updated on Wednesday, February 7thSHA1 Fingerprint:
2017-12-26: Email provider list
- Sometimes I get asked which other mail provider I recommend. I don't want to recommend any. But here is a serverlist, please decide for yourself.
2017-12-18: OMEMO now without mutual presence subscription.
- Daniel Gultsch has developed a prosody module that makes OMEMO available without the need of mutual presence subscription (at least with conversations).
2017-12-06: Scheduled maintenance on Sunday, December 17th 5:00-7:00 UTC.
- Mail server and XMPP server will not be available.
2017-11-12: Certificate will be updated on Wednesday, November 15thSHA1 Fingerprint:
2017-10-21: Webchat moved to subpageThe webchat has been moved to a subpage to reduce size and load time of the main page.
2017-10-11: Planned network interruption on Wednesday, October 18th between 03:00 - 05:00 UTCDue to maintenance work there will be a short (a few minutes) network interruption on Wednesday, October 18th between 03:00 - 05:00 UTC.
2017-08-25: Dear ChatSecure user ...Some ChatSecure users seem to have connectivity issues after the certificate change. Please open your account details and then "Edit Account". A popup should appear where you are asked to accept the new certificate. See also: ChatSecure issue 777
After that your ChatSecure should work as usual.